Wednesday 5 November 2014

Last Christmas...


Happy November, friends! Halloween is over, which can only mean one thing: CHRISTMAS! I am a total Festive Fairy, as I like to call myself ("a festive fiend, more like," my Dad chimes in).

I'm not quite putting up my decorations yet, but I wanted to share some snaps from my room at uni last year, as I was quite pleased with the way it turned out. Last year's festive season was a tough one as my nan was dying (she sadly passed on Christmas Day), so photographing the main decorations slipped my mind, but the house (my parents' house) looked beautiful.

I went for quite a kitsch look with my little pink tree, complete with a atomic tree topper. The little baubles were in cute pastel colours and looked totally Fifties. I got my tree from B&Q. At home, I went for a more of a 'winter wonderland' theme. Everything in my room was super cheap. 


I bought these cute Santa lights from Home Bargains to put along the ceiling , but when I opened the box, it was quite a short line. Luckily it was the perfect size for the book shelf. I love the little troll doll and vintage teddy decoration!


I was hanging photos and postcards on the peg line, so I replaced them with glittery decorations from the pound shop, vintage foil baubles and IKEA cardboard Santas. The pictures on the wall are postcards that came with my It's a Wonderful Life dvd. There was also a poster above my bed, but I didn't think to photograph it as it was there all the time and not just for Christmas! I love the little trees on top of the mirror light.



I've always wanted a nutcracker, and I found this little guy at TK Maxx. I bought the little Santa from a charity shop. He looks like one of Snow White's dwarves, and is just adorable. I bought so many decorations from charity shops last year, and a result had so many quirky, vintage ornaments. Favourites include an egg playing the saxophone, a large 1950s singing Santa, and a sleigh with a full set of reindeers that rides (rather manically, may I add) over a cute little village. I was thinking of doing a post about my kooky charity shop decorations closer to the time, if that's something people would be interested in.

I know it's still early (but only 7 more Fridays to go!), but I love thinking about how I'm going to decorate. Next week, I'm going to post pictures from my room at home, back in 2012. It's so fun to look at Christmases past! I didn't go for any particular theme; maybe 'Grotto Explosion' would be apt!

Post a Comment

© poemstinkdream. Design by Fearne.