Saturday 27 December 2014

Best of the January Sales 2015

Boxing Day. To those outside the Commonwealth, just another day in the calendar. For those of us who do observe the occasion, it might mean you get to stuff your face at another family feast. But for we avid fashion consumers, Boxing Day means only one thing: let the sales commence.


Now, I like a bargain as much as the next skint student. I hit the high street as soon as I'm done cramming as much of my nan's vegetarian roast into my mouth as possible. I usually have a quick glance online beforehand so I know what I'm looking for, and this is what I've come up with.

1. Topshop Fringed Bed Jacket, £18. I have been searching for this jacket my whole life. Seriously. The black fringing gives it such a rock and roll vibe. It's also a touch witchy, but still romantic. Cannot wait to wear this with jeans and heels when the weather improves.

2. Topshop Chain Tee, £10. I've been meaning to stock up on basics, but it's such a bore buying plain items. This is a nice compromise - as black t-shirts go, it's quite fun. The way the chain fringe lies in a sort of v-shape reminds me of a Western shirt. Gothic cowboy!

3. Pull & Bear Keith Richards T-shirt, £7.99. I can't resist anything Rolling Stones related. It's a welcome change from the usual Rolling Stones logo tees you see on every other person, and it'll look perfectly glam rock with my velvet suspender leggings and glitter platforms. Yolo.

4. River Island Long Ribbed Cardigan, £15. Who doesn't need a cosy, slouchy cardigan in their life? It'll look nice thrown over a crop top, jeans and a pair of sleek ankle boots.

5. H&M Fake Fur Waistcoat, £20. Throwing on something like this pulls together the plainest of outfits, and makes you look like you put way more effort into your look than you actually did. Beware of over accessorising though - a long sleeved ribbed top and blue skinny jeans are all you need.

6. Pull & Bear Leopard Faux Ponyskin Bag, £15. I already have this and I love it so much that I barely dare use it in case I get bored of it. It's so expensive looking, and just perfect for any occasion.

7. Topshop Craft Embellished Leigh Jeans, £20. I wanted to buy these before Christmas when they were still £58, which seems a lot given the likely longevity of the studs. I was thrilled to see them in the sale. These are my dream jeans, and so comfortable to boot. I can't wait to wear mine with a plain white t-shirt and maybe a good hat.

8. Zara Leather City Bag, £59. I love the colour of this. I wouldn't buy it because I try to avoid leather, but it is gorgeous.

9. Topshop Rosa Denim Hot Pants, £5. Denim shorts are my go-to in hot weather (even with my stocky legs), and I'm always on the lookout for a new pair. These are of sturdy quality, and the high waist makes them the perfect accompaniment to a crop top. Not to mention they're only a fiver!

10 & 11. River Island Red Ruffle Bikini Top, £8 and Red Tie Side Bottoms, £6. This is the first year that I've ever been confident enough to even consider wearing a bikini - I'm 21 lbs lighter than I was a couple of years ago. I want to celebrate by choosing this bold and pretty red bikini.

12. Topshop Velvet Spot Ankle Boots, £30. These are fabulous. Enough said.

13. Zara Glitter Booties, £40. These are also quite fabulous, aren't they? I've wanted a pair of glitter boots since I spotted these over at Saint Laurent. Does anything say 'glam rock' (it's my thing right now) quite the way glitter boots do? Zara get bonus points for coming in a slightly more subtle black.

14. Heidi KG Kurt Geiger Platforms, £39. I'm going to avoid saying those two words again. You know which ones. Instead I'll point out how fun these are, and how empowering it is to be given a six inch lift. I'll definitely be pairing these with my glittery black asymmetric skirt. I'm all about subtle (read: black) insanity (read: glitter) at the moment.

15. NYX Angel Veil Primer, £8 [in store only]. Next have got these on sale in store, and I've only heard good things about them!

16. Avon Ultra Luxury Lip Liner, $1.89. These lip liners are the best I've ever used, and they're currently ridiculously cheap on Avon's website. I recommend Rosebud for all skin tones!

Post a Comment

© poemstinkdream. Design by Fearne.